AHAAAA Tip of the Week! How to Divide a Ball of Yarn in Half

This is an amazing tip from the folks over at WEBS.
  1. Weigh the full ball and write that number down so you don’t forget!
  2. Wind off your yarn until the scale reads half the original weight.
  3. Cut the yarn and you’ll have two equal balls to work from.
I received my Royal Yarn Ball Winder and Yarn Swift this past Mother's Day and, as luck would have it, I happen to own the very same scale pictured above! If you're a fan of using a double-strand for bulky knitting, like I am, then this tip is heaven sent.
(If you don't own a Yarn Ball Winder you can purchase one here via Yarn.com.) They are a bit pricey but very worth it. The hubby bought their swift and winder bundle for a great price! I would suggest buying them both at the same time. (Do I have an amazing husband or what!?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...