The Addams Family: Morticia Does It....

Today was a very lazy Sunday... So lazy in fact, that I decided to do some research on ugly sweaters and came across Morticia Addams (Carolyn Jones), of The Addams Family, knitting a three armed sweater instead. Curiouser and Curiouser....

Cousin Imar's 3 armed sweater

Apparently Mrs. Addams did a lot of knitting for various disfigured relatives and imagine my luck when I stumbled upon The Addams Family Wikia. The picture above was from the episode The Addams Family Goes to School in which Morticia is knitting a sweater for cousin Imar, who seems to have three arms. The funny thing is that Gomez Addams comments "That's odd. I didn't think cousin Imar would ever wear a turtleneck." Why would he be surprised by a three armed sweater considering all of Morticia's other knitting projects including Cousin Plato Addams Custom Ski Cap (he had two heads) and Uncle Crimps Long Armed Sweater.
I caught a few episodes in my youth but aside from the catchy intro I have no recollection of actual episodes. I shall do some more digging and dredge up a few for my viewing pleasure..... Until then, I'll add a 3 armed pattern to my "To knit list"....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...