Dear Diary: I Suck at Crochet!

Dear Diary...
This weekend marked a revelation of sorts. I SUCK AT CROCHET! I can knit at an intermediate level but can't seem to single crochet to save my life. How is this possible? It's not for lack of trying. I sat for an hour and only managed to get the front of my Gingerbread House done! GRRRR.... I'm going to get my Gingerbread House done by this weekend but I won't promise that I'll pick up another hook ever again!

On a lighter note, I have begun swatching for my next project. It shall be a tree skirt. The very same tree skirt I have been promising my husband that I would knit ever since I began to knit! Is it my fault that I got sidetracked for about.... 3 years? Anyway, I never ever swatch but boy am I glad I took the time out to check my gauge. The pattern calls for size 10s but (two swatches later) I figured out that I should use size 11s. I begin my tree skirt this weekend. . . .  After my Gingerbread House is done.


P.S
I didn't have the correct hook size and ended up with a HUGE ornament. After finishing it I think it will go on the bottom of my tree.... somewhere in the back.
*single tear*sniff*sniff*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...