Why Swatching Doesn't Have to Suck

Lately I have found myself making tons of these little guys in preparation for upcoming projects. Being fairly new to knitting (I have only been knitting for 3 years) I have heard many a knitter either sing their praises, or curse them out completely. Whether you love them or hate them, swatches are a necessary evil and can be pretty useful when they want to be.

Coasters

Bangles
((image via A.Sappa))

Patchwork Quilt

Garter Stitch Dish Cloth
via Pickles

 
Atomic Blocks
via Alegra DaSilva @ Raverly
(The color on these blocks
were worked in duplicate stitch)

City Gauntlets
(Seriously, just sew up a seam and slip'em on!)

When all else fails.... go yarn bomb something!

I enjoy knitting swatches so much, I was gifted a copy of Knitting Block by Block by Nicky Epstein for my birthday. I seriously recommend this book to anyone in need of some swatching in their life :) 

Think of all the Fancy Yarn Bombing possibilities!

So there you have it!  A couple of handy ways to use up some swatches or just keep yourself busy between projects.

Happy swatching everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...