Marta's Uber Cute (Not So Fair Isle) Bag & Why it's not on my Needles

Marta Embroidered Bag
Pattern from Northern Knits 
Image via Ravelry

Very cute bag found over at Ravelry. I would love to get my hands on this pattern but since it is made using a duplicate stitch rather Fair Isle (which I have no idea where to begin learning how to do) I think I may wing it and see what I can come up with.

I'm curious, what's everyone's take on knit bags? Anyone, Anyone.... (Bueller Reference)

Never have I ever knit an object that served any other purpose other then to keep someone warm. I have knit my fair share of Scarves and now I'm knitting a few Baby Blankies for my best friend's new baby girl, but I am pretty much a virgin when it comes to actual "just because" knitting. So, I am making an oath, from here on out, I am going to knit for knit's sake!... Right after I finish these Baby Blankies. Did I mention I'm making 3 of these? (Speed knitting is more like it!)

On my needles as I type

So after 3 of these very long winded garter stitch blankets..... It's ON!!! ((maybe))

P.S I posted this very same picture on my FaceBook and got a lot of comments on "what a nice thong" I was knitting! (Gotta love family!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...